work in progress

work in progress

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Nerding Out

Kenneth Cole New York Glasses [here exact]

If you've had an opportunity to take a peak over at The List you can see its a work in progress, but I think baby steps is the way to go for me here.  With my busy schedule I have noticed that of late I have been opting to sleep in the extra few minutes and throw on my glasses and head out the door.  There wasn't really anything wrong with my old glasses but they weren't unique or interesting in anyway.  They were just the right size to obscure any semblance of eye make up I was wearing while at the same time drawing attention to my half visible eyes.

I'll be honest, I've been craving a pair of heavy rimmed nerd glasses that take up half my face for a while.  The truth is I didn't think I was trendy enough to handle it.  I finally found the perfect pair that I think are kind of middle of the road in terms of their lens size and rim thickness.  They're pretty big, they take up an appropriate amount of my face.  My eye make up looks fantastic and the lens size allows the full almond effect of winged liner and a smokey eye to shine through in a subtle but sleek way.  I love them!

Here's the real kicker, I only paid about $20 for them! How? You like me have probably seen the Coastal.com free first pair offer floating around the web and likely brushed past.  I finally looked into it one day on a whim and found this fantastic pair that satisfied all of my rather difficult requirements for under $20 with shipping.  Take a look around, theres a few pair of pretty spiffy looking nerdy rims that fall into the firstpairfree category.

Another realization I made is that before any serious clothing purchases can be made I need to do a serious flush of my closet.  There are definitely shirts hanging in my closet I haven't even touched in 18+ months and somehow have convinced myself I might need it, I think it's time to let go!  I foresee a giant box of clothes being delivered to the goodwill sometimes soon.


Coastal.com Glasses//Original Price: $130//My Price: $20//Total Savings: 85%




No comments:

Post a Comment