work in progress

work in progress

Monday, January 6, 2014

Instant, Rock Hard Nails

I love wearing nail polish.  I wrote a whole post about it over here.  But I also hate wearing nail polish. This is probably a familiar story for some of you out there.  You meticulously apply one coat of nail polish to your nails.  It looks a little bit milky and transparent but you aren't worried.  You apply another fresh layer of polish and its perfect.  A glistening, smooth finish.  You admire your nails and carefully keep your hands still and only handle things by the pads of your fingers, IF absolutely necessary.  The night winds down and you take one last look at your beautiful tips and head to bed.

The next morning you wake up and are horrified when you look down at your nails only to see the impression of your pillow case weave imprinted in your nails.  Nooooooooooooo!

Thats the worst, isn't it?  I was so sick of this happening as I perused the aisles at my local walgreens I spotted a little red bottle that would change my life.
Perfect home manicure finish, exact here

At $5.99 a bottle it seems a little unnecessary but let me tell you, its totally worth it.  A medium-ish layer applied on top of wet polish sets and hardens in minutes.  I kid you not.  For an hour or so you probably shouldn't poke and prod at it on purpose but its amazing.  You can sleep on you  nails without pillow print.  I can even do my nails right before I step out and they dry to a hard and shiny finish.  I think this is a must have for every girl.  There are a few other products out there similar to this I have used and enjoyed, one specific is Revlon Liquid Quick Dry which is at an identical price point.  Give it a whirl and let me know what you think! I refuse to be without a bottle since I've discovered these amazing top coats. 

2 comments:

  1. This literally happened to me last night and frustrates me to NO end (even enough to keep me from painting my nails sometimes!) Nice find, and Happy Wednesday!

    perfectly priya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is incredibly frustrating! Let me know if you try this and how it works for you :)

      Delete