work in progress

work in progress

Sunday, January 26, 2014

[X] Bauble Necklace

Cardinal rule of blogging, no big giant gaps.  I won't let it happen again, I promise!

Ever since I laid eyes on this style of bauble pearl necklace I've wanted it.  I've been salivating over it because of how versatile it is.  The varied size of pearl and cascading clusters make it the perfect accent piece for any outfit.  Plain monotone outfits can benefit as much as an elegant ones from the hint of style and opulence that is dripping from this necklace.  Here are some of the ones I found below that were just a little pricier than I had really wanted.  I was getting to a point where I was ready to spend a little more because I had to have it!
$21//Express               $48//Lord&Taylor                  $89//Etsy    
This weekend I finally had a little free time and decided to head over to Forever21 to return a shawl/sweater that I had loved to pieces in the store but after bringing home realized it was too much of a statement piece to really go with anything I had.  I begrudgingly took it back to the store and received a $25 dollar store credit in return.  I listlessly wandered through the store, not much caught my eye so I thought i'd head over to the jewelry.  Recently they've really amped up their big, bold necklace selection and I thought maybe I'd have some luck.  I didn't.  I was feeling pretty unenthused and as I turned to leave a torso mannequin on the highest shelf caught my eye--it was wearing THE NECKLACE.  
Beautiful (affordable) baubles! 
I couldn't believe it.  I riffled through the racks again to see if I had just missed it, but I hadn't.  I tracked down a sales associate and begged her to take it down and sell it to me.  Just my luck this was the last piece and it had no tag on it.  Long story short I told her I would pay whatever price they determined it to be, I was expecting to use up my entire store credit and then some but I didn't care.  I had to have it!  The manager was nice enough to locate the price for me and my jaw hit the ground when it came out to a whopping $12.50.  Then it dawned on me that the F21 version was the exact one that I had pinned as well.  I'm quite pleased at the new addition to my very baby collection of accessories.  And while I was there I picked up a black and gray cami in small, at only $1.80 a pop you really can't go wrong.  I hate when I have to turn my closet upside down looking for a plain black cami, any good tips for keeping those on hand? 

Forever 21 Opulent Faux Pearl Necklace//$12.80//exact here


Forever21 Opulent Faux Pearl Necklace //$12.80

1 comment:

  1. oh I'm so glad the story ended with you having the necklace! I have definitely had to resort to mannequin desperation before. this is a great necklace too! I'm on the hunt for a diamond-y statement necklace. ones that are mostly white/black/neutral seem to be easy to pair with pretty much anything! i'm sure you'll get plenty of wear out of it.

    perfectly Priya

    ReplyDelete