work in progress

work in progress

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Nail Lacquer: Accessorizing for Pennies

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 
A glimpse of my collection of nail lacquers
The saying goes the devil is in the details.  Well manicured nails are definitely a seemingly small thing that can play a huge role in putting the finishing touches on an outfit.  I don't mean in terms of the color being matching or complimentary but rather that neat, clean, well polished nails really elevate any look. Nail polish is such an easy and versatile accessory that can be changed in the blink of an eye.  A lot of women treat themselves to a mani but I love settling down on the couch with a bottle of polish and treating myself to a fresh set of nails. 
Amazing quality polishes at a more affordable price point, see here


Everyone is familiar with the slightly pricier brands like Essie, OPI and China Glaze but I'm a huge fan of ULTA brand polishes.  They come in a wide array of colors, I have yet to set out in search of a color or finish and not find it here.  My personal preference is for matte finish polishes, I don't think the pearly finishes look quite as flattering on me.  At $6 a bottle they aren't that big of a bargain BUT a couple of times a year they come on sale for $1.99 each.  That coupled with a $3.50 off $10 that is a mainstay of ultra discounts a set of 5 polishes comes out to $6.50.  Thats $1.30 per bottle!  That is a deal you cannot beat and with my nail polish obsession it doesn't break the bank either.  I am a believer in high quality polish--finish and durability are important points for me--these bottles do not disappoint in either category.

On another note, does anyone else do their nails at night and wake up in the morning to an imprint of their bedding because the polish wasn't rock hard dry?  Keep a look out for my perfect solution to this annoying little hurdle that keeps some women away from home manicures and paying too much for manis at the salon. 

ULTA Polish //Original Price: $6.00/ea//My Price: $1.30/ea//Total Savings: 78%

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I also have the same problem with polish not being dry, so annoying.

    ReplyDelete